Wednesday, July 1, 2009

On The Road Again - July 1, 2009

We've come full circle. After spending a month in NH, we're back on the road heading to CO to visit Wendy and Troy. It's been a just about a year since we've seen them and are looking forward to our stay. We hope to be there to join in their 4th of July festivities.

We had a great time in NH re-connecting with family and friends. We spent a month parked at my brother Bob's home in Rochester. He's so funny and Shirl is like a sister to me. We had fun getting together walking the streets of Rochester -- they showed me different routes and just about everyday we walked different routes. Sometimes I even went twice a day getting in up to 7 miles. I also went to UNH to see my former co-workers and also walk again with my walking partners Hope and Dwain. As usual, I had to hustle to keep up, but it was sure fun to see them. All this walking did not offset the BBQ's, lunch and dinners out with family and friends. It's time to buckle down and get back to healthier, leaner eating.

We spent last night at a rest area in Eastville, PA (part of Clinton County), and are currently riding through the beautiful hills of PA and it's raining -- just like the whole month of June in NH! But we don't care. The scenery is still beautiful with the blue skies off in the distance with the fog like clouds hanging over the mountains and in the valleys. Everything is green and beautiful! We should be in Iowa by the end of the day.

I was really surprised by all who told me that they read the blog -- thanks so much for reading and keeping track of us. I promise to try to keep it more current. Take care all -- till next time....

No comments: